HubSpot is an American marketing, sales and customer service automation software company.
HubSpot products and services provide businesses with a suite of tools for customer relationship management (CRM), social media marketing, content management, lead generation, web analytics, SEO, and customer support. In our article, we will tell you everything about the HubSpot brand, including the history of its emergence and development, interesting facts and information about key figures in the company's management.
History of the HubSpot brand
HubSpot started as a small startup founded in 2006 by two MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) students Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. Friends decided to change the traditional approach to marketing by introducing more modern and effective tools. For these purposes, they adopted the strategy of engaging marketing (inbound marketing). It was based on a more relaxed, measured and customer-oriented approach, instead of the aggressive obsession of classic marketing.
- Automate the work with leads from the Facebook advertising account
- Empower with integrations and instant transfer of leads
- Don't spend money on developers or integrators
- Save time by automating routine tasks
At the initial stage, the development of HubSpot was greatly facilitated by the investments of one of its founders, Darmesh Shah, who invested more than $500,000 of his own funds in it. Between 2007 and 2010, the company's annual revenue increased from $255,000 to $15,600,000. In 2010, Halligan and Shah wrote a book called "Inbound Marketing" in which they talked about the strategy they used, as well as the history of the creation and development of HubSpot .
Also in 2010, HubSpot bought Oneforty (an app store for Twitter) and released new software that can personalize websites for different groups of visitors. According to Forbes, at first the company focused on users from small businesses, but over time it changed its focus to large client companies. In 2013, HubSpot opened its first office outside the United States in Dublin, Ireland.
In August 2014, HubSpot held an initial public offering (IPO), which added to the listing of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the HUBS code. At that time, the cost of one share of the company was $25, and by 2021 it had grown to $700, also during this time its revenue increased by 1540%. The IPO allowed to increase the total value of the company by $140 million.
In 2016, the company opened its own academy with free digital marketing courses, which have been successfully completed by more than 400,000 people. In 2017, HubSpot acquired Kemwi, an AI and machine learning company. In December 2018, the company launched a $30 million investment fund for SaaS startups called HubSpot Ventures. HubSpot reached $1 billion in annual revenue in 2020 and surpassed 100,000 paid users. In February 2021, HubSpot acquired content marketing and email marketing company The Hustle.
From the inception of the company until 2021, the position of CEO of HubSpot was held by one of its founders, Brian Halligan. In 2021, he moved to the position of CEO, and Yamini Rangan took over as CEO of HubSpot.
Interesting facts about the HubSpot brand
- HubSpot co-founder Brian Halligan says he loves to sleep, and has had many brilliant ideas during his sleep. Therefore, the office of the company has a special room for sleeping, which can be used by its employees.
- At the beginning of 2022, the company employs more than 5,500 employees in 11 international offices, and over 128,000 users from 120+ countries use its services.
- In 2012, HubSpot was named the Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal. In 2015, it was named the best large company to work for in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe. In 2017, it was ranked the 7th best place to work by CNBC, and in 2020 it was named the best place to work by Glassdoor.
SaveMyLeads is a simple and efficient system connector that will help you automate routine tasks and optimize business processes. You can save time and money, direct these resources to more important purposes. Test SaveMyLeads and make sure that this tool will relieve your employees and after 5 minutes of settings your business will start working faster.