You have probably noticed a checkmark badge in the profiles of some brands and public figures. It means that the administration has verified the account, and it is considered authentic. What is the use of this checkmark, and how to get it, you will learn from this article.
1. What is a checkmark badge in the TikTok account for?
2. Who can get a checkmark badge on TikTok?
3. How to get a checkmark badge on TikTok?
4. How to increase the chances of getting a checkmark badge on TikTok
5. Conclusion: A brief review of TikTok account verification
What is a checkmark badge in the TikTok account for?
The verification badge does not affiliate the account holder with TikTok and does not unlock any exclusive features. At the same time, the checkmark badge gives several valuable benefits:
- Authority. Most users notice that well-known brands and celebrities have verification badges. Therefore, the checkmark has become a symbol of elitism and success. Thus, if your account is verified it will evoke positive associations.
- Authenticity. The badge is displayed next to the name of the profile, as well as in search, comments, and videos. Therefore, people who look for a verified account or view its content understand that this account is authentic, not a fake, and not a fan page.
Who can get a checkmark badge on TikTok?
TikTok like other social networks makes it possible to get verified only for two categories of accounts:
- Public figures: celebrities, bloggers, politicians, etc.
- Organizations: ranging from stores, tech startups, and clothing manufacturers to zoos and museums.
To qualify for verification, a person or organization must have a significant number of TikTok followers (rumor has it, it is ten thousand or more). Another option is also available: the account owner must be known outside of TikTok. For example, she or he must have popular accounts on other social networks or to be talked about in the media.
You can make a video with a green screen effect by using TikTok's various features or a green screen video editor to spice up your account.
How to get a checkmark badge on TikTok?
Unlike Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other popular social networks, TikTok does not accept verification requests. If anyone offers help in submitting such a request, they are likely scammers. Cooperation with them can lead to loss of money or account blocking.
It may seem like it is impossible to get verified. But there is a special team inside TikTok that is engaged in the verification candidate search and their verification. You cannot contact this team directly. Therefore, the only way to get a badge is to maintain an account according to official guidelines so that it will be noticed and approved by platform employees.
How to increase the chances of getting a checkmark badge on TikTok
Though following these guidelines does not guarantee that your account will be noticed and verified. Still, it significantly increases the chances.
- Authenticity. You should not impersonate another person or maintain a profile on behalf of an organization you do not represent. Sign the account only with your name/nickname or the name of a company that authorized you to maintain an account.
- Uniqueness. Create original content. Do not upload the videos if you do not have the rights to publish them. You may borrow other people's ideas, but it is better to come up with your own that will stand out from the general background.
- Activity. Publish new videos regularly, participate in challenges. Chat with your subscribers, like their comments. The more subscribers you have, the better it is.
- Compliance with the TikTok Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. You should avoid mentioning drugs and nudity, refrain from insults, calls to violence, and bullying. The Terms and Conditions you can find in the menu in the TikTok mobile app.
If the account represents the person or organization that is known outside TikTok, verification is likely to take place in a shorter period of time. Moreover, a checkmark can be issued even if there are no subscribers or posts.
Conclusion: A brief review of TikTok account verification
- A checkmark badge means that the TikTok profile has been verified by the administration and is considered authentic i.e. it is maintained by the declared organization or person.
- The checkmark does not make the account owner a TikTok partner and does not unlock any additional features. It increases the authority of the account and helps to protect it from impostors.
- Public figures and brands can get a verification badge if they have a significant number of followers or are known outside the platform.
- Unlike Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other popular social networks, TikTok does not accept verification requests. A special TikTok team is engaged in the search for candidates for verification. Therefore, the only way to get a badge is to make your account be noticed and verified by the platform employees.
- The accounts that are authentic, regularly post unique content, and comply with the TikTok Guidelines are most likely to get verified.
If you are enaged in promotion on Facebook, you know that this work consists of many routine tasks. To save you from this, we have created the SaveMyLeads – the service that allows you to automate lots of business processes like uploading leads to CRM, sending notifications to customers, and so on.
We already support many services, and continue to increase their number. To start using SaveMyLeads, you just need to register on our website and link the necessary system to Facebook – it's easy.