In this material we will tell you about the history of the emergence and about the present of Evernote brand fom USA.
Evernote is the developer of note-taking, editing and task management software of the same name. The software is available as a desktop program (Windows, MacOS) and a mobile app (Android, iOS).
The application allows you to create and process different types of notes: in the form of text, pictures, photos, audio-video files or saved web pages. Users can edit, sign, export, search, mark and sort notes, attach files to them. In our article, we will tell you everything about the Evernote brand, namely, its history, information about key figures and interesting facts about its activities.
History of the Evernote brand
Evernote Corporation was founded in February 2000 by Stepan Pachikov, an American IT entrepreneur. At first, its office was opened in the city of Sunnyvale (California), but eventually moved to the Redwood City, where it is located today. In addition, Evernote brand offices operate in Austin, San Diego, Beijing, New Delhi, Tokyo and Zurich.
- Automate the work with leads from the Facebook advertising account
- Empower with integrations and instant transfer of leads
- Don't spend money on developers or integrators
- Save time by automating routine tasks
Evernote Corporation has been developing software for PC (Windows), tablets and smartphones since its founding. Its most successful software was the ritePen handwriting recognition software and Evernote, an online organizer advertised as an "infinite notebook."
Starting in 2008, the company decided to focus its software on the web, mobile devices and Apple Mac, making the appropriate changes in the next version of Evernote 3.0. The Evernote Web online service was launched in June 2008 and reached 11 million users in 2011. In October 2010, Evernote Corporation raised $20 million in an investment round involving DoCoMo Capital, Morgenthaler Ventures and Sequoia Capital. Shortly thereafter, the company received an additional $50 million from Sequoia Capital and Morgenthaler Ventures, as well as $70 million from Meritech Capital and CBC Capital. In 2012, AGC Equity Partners/m8 Capital and Valiant Capital Partners invested $85 million in it during the next round of investments.
In 2013, TechCrunch reported that Evernote launched Yinxiang Biji Business, an electronic note-taking service in the Chinese market, which it introduced at the Global Mobile Internet Conference. In November 2014, the company received another investment tranche from Nikkei, Inc., its amount was $20 million.
In July 2015, CEO of Evernote Corporation Phil Libin stepped down (he had held this position since 2007), and was replaced by former head of Google Glass Chris O'Neill. However, Libin remained as chairman of the board of directors until 2016. In October 2015, the corporation announced the reduction of 18% of its staff and the closure of 3 out of 10 international offices: in Singapore, Moscow and Taiwan. In the same year, Evernote stopped developing a number of new products, including Clearly (a plug-in for highlighting web page content) and Stitch (an application for handwriting and drawing), as well as versions of Evernote for Pebble smartwatches.
In 2016, the company limited the number of synced devices for free Evernote accounts to two, and at the same time increased subscription rates for paid Plus and Premium accounts. In February 2017, Evernote CEO Chris O'Neill posted on his blog with the news that the company had become profitable.
In 2018, a number of top managers quit Evernote Corporation, including CTO Anirban Kundu, CFO Vincent Toolan, Product Director Erik Wrobel, and Head of Human Resources Michel Wagner. By September 2018, the company had parted ways with 54 employees, representing almost 15% of its total workforce. In October 2018, Ian Small (former head of TokBox) succeeded Chris O'Neill as the company's CEO.
Interesting facts about the Evernote brand
- The company “lost” the data of its customers several times: in 2013 and 2014, data leaks occurred due to hacker attacks. In 2017, Evernote was about to adopt a new user agreement that gave its employees access to some of the users' personal information. After publicity, it was not accepted.
- You can use the Evernote service not only through the official application, but also through a number of third-party clients. These include NixNote, People's Note, Ploze, Everpad, Geeknote, Alternote.
- The company offers a range of value-added products to customers, including Skitch (screen capture utility), Scannable (photo recognition software), Evernote Web Clipper (browser extension for saving web pages), Penultimate (handwritten note taking and recognition app).
For February, 2022 Ian Small holds a position of the CEO (CEO) of Evernote Corporation. Also on the list of the company's management are:
- Stepan Pachikov, Founder, Board Member, СEO;
- Hideaki Tsumita, Director, Business Accounts;
- Ranjit Prabhu, SVP, Engineering.
SaveMyLeads is a simple and efficient system connector that will help you automate routine tasks and optimize business processes. You can save time and money, direct these resources to more important purposes. Test SaveMyLeads and make sure that this tool will relieve your employees and after 5 minutes of settings your business will start working faster.